Mr. Turner graduated from the University of Florida law school and has spent the ensuing years burnishing his reputation as both a criminal defense lawyer and a circuit judge, throughout north Florida. As the founding member of the firm that bears his name, Mr. Turner drives the practice, drawing on his years of experience in civil rights litigation, criminal defense, civil litigation, and representing professionals with licensing, tenure, and employment issues.
Mr. Turner focuses his attention on complex criminal defense and civil litigation, bringing creative thinking and new ideas to difficult cases.
In addition to his eight years on the bench in the Eighth Judicial Circuit of Florida, Mr. Turner has served as a state prosecutor, Adjunct Professor at the UF College of Law, a founder and president of the Florida Assoc. of Criminal Defense Lawyers, and a member of the Executive Council of the Florida Bar’s Criminal Law Section.
In daily practice, Mr. Turner believes in the collaborative approach he has instituted at the firm. The firm draws on all resources, from attorneys to law clerks to paralegals to other staff, to ensure the best representation possible for clients. A manageable caseload guarantees that each client’s case will receive the attention deserved.
“We take a creative approach to our cases and involve our entire team in brainstorming and problem-solving. That allows us to craft unique solutions to the enormous range of issues we encounter.”
- Criminal Defense
- Professional, Licensing and Discipline Issues
- Administrative Law
- Florida Assoc. of Criminal Defense Lawyers – President 1990-1991, Board of Directors, 1988-1997, 2005 – Present, Founding Member
- National Assoc. of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Criminal Law Section, Florida Bar – Executive Council 1991-1994, 2007 – Present
- American Inns of Court, James C. Adkins, Jr. Inn President 1990-1991
- Eighth Judicial Circuit Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association, Gainesville Area Chapter
- Meridian Behavioral Healthcare, Inc., Board of Directors 2009 – Present
- Bachelor of Science, Univ. of Florida – 1966
- Juris Doctorate, Univ. of Florida College of Law – 1970
- Florida Supreme Court
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. 11th Circuit Court of Appeals
- U.S. District Court, Middle Dist. of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Northern Dist. of Florida
- Martindale AV Rated 5.0 out of 5
- Recipient of Stephen M. Goldstein Criminal Justice Award presented by the Florida Assoc. of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Florida Super Lawyers, 2007 – Present
- U.S. News & World Report, Best Lawyers in America, 2007 – Present
- Florida Trend’s Florida Legal Elite, 2010 – Present
Download My Resume (PDF, 69458 bytes)