Scott began his legal career as an Assistant Public Defender in the Office of Michael A. Graves, Public Defender for the Fifth Judicial Circuit of Florida. During his time there, he handled over 1,500 criminal cases. He has extensive experience in jury trials, legal research, motion practice, and appellate work.
Scott earned his Juris Doctor degree in 2011 from The Florida State University College of Law. While at FSU, he interned for Judge Joseph Lewis, Jr. of the First District Court of Appeal in Tallahassee. He also participated in the Mock Trial Team and served on the editorial board of the Journal of Land Use & Environmental Law.
Prior to attending FSU, he attended Barry University School of Law in Orlando where he was a member of the Barry Law Review, and served as a Teaching Assistant and Study Skills Leader.
Before entering law school, Scott earned his Bachelor of Arts in Strategic Communication from Temple University’s School of Media and Communication in Philadelphia, PA.
- Florida Assoc. of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Marion County Assoc. of Criminal Defense Lawyers – Vice President 2014-2015 – Membership Chair 2015-2016
- Marion County Bar Association
- Criminal Law section of the Florida Bar
- Real Property, Probate, and Trust section of the Florida Bar
- D.R. Smith American Inn of Court
- Florida Bar Association
- Bachelor of Arts, Strategic Communication, Temple Univ. – 2007
- Juris Doctor, The Florida State Univ. College of Law – 2011
- Supreme Court of Florida
Recognition and Accomplishments
- James T. Miller Scholarship Recipient – 2014 FACDL Annual Meeting
- Most Improved Advocate Award – 2012 Public Defender College
- Notary Public